- Set a spending budget – Review finances and set budget to avoid over spending
- Avoid unrealistic expectations– Everything is not going to be perfect. Dishes may be burned in the oven, drinks may spill, all invited guest may not show up and that is ok.
- Your time is valuable-it is ok to say no if you do not want to attend an event.Your time is valuable and you have the right to choose what you would like to do with it.
- Plan in advance –It is important to stay organized. Write things down, make a list. Planning in advance helps save you time and reduce pressure or anxiety of not being able to complete task.
- Acknowledge your feelings-If someone close to you has recently died or you can’t be with loved ones, realize that it’s normal to feel sadness and grief. It’s ok to take time to cry or express your feelings. You can’t force yourself to be happy just because it’s the holiday season.
- Do not isolate yourself- If you are feeling lonely or depressed reach out to friends and family. Participate in community events and volunteer opportunities.